Additional Financial Aid and Scholarship Options
Westside Christian School encourages all families whose income meets the criteria for participation in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) to apply. This options offers families a voucher to pay their child’s tuition in full. Please review the School Choice page for more information.
Here are some additional ways to help reduce the cost of tuition.
Multi-student tuition discount
- Applies to children enrolled at Westside in Preschool (Pre-K3 and 4K) through grade 8.
- Discount is applied after deduction of the St. Andrew member scholarship (if applicable) and in order from the oldest to youngest child.
- First child 0% | Second child 10% | Third child 25% | Fourth child 30%
- Multi-student discount does not apply to before or after school care charges.
This program allows families to purchase gift cards through Scrip. The gift cards are for national and local retailers that sell their gift cards to the Scrip program at a discounted price (each with a different percentage of discount). You purchase the cards at face value and redeem them for face value. Your rebate amount that gets accumulated can then be used to reduce your child’s tuition. Families enrolled in the scrip program will receive a 50% tuition rebate. The other 50% goes directly to Westside’s tuition assistance fund.
Go to www.shopwithscrip.com to register, login, and purchase gift cards. There are numerous retailers that also offer an option called ScripNow. These are gift cards that you can purchase and use right away. You can either print them or show the cashier right on your smartphone. You do need a PrestoPay account for this convenient option.
We also run a Scrip Store where select gift cards can be purchased from the Administrative Assistant at the welcome desk. The following cards are currently available (while supplies last), though we hope to add more as interest increases.
- Barnes and Noble
- Kwik Trip
*Please note that Scrip Store purchases are not eligible for tuition rebate.
St. Andrew Member Scholarships
- Applies to children enrolled at Westside in 4K through grade 8.
- Credit is applied, per qualifying student, for families who are members of St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
- 3-Day 4K (half or full day) $600 | 5-Day 4K (half or full day) $1000
- St. Andrew Member scholarship does not apply to before or after school care charges.
*Many other area churches offer similar scholarships to their members who send children to Westside Christian School.
Wisconsin Tuition Tax Deduction
The WI Tax cuts and jobs Act of 2017 allows the use of a Section 529 savings to pay for private education for K-12 students, up to $10,000 per year. Utilizing this plan could provide a substantial tax benefit to families.
In the spring of each year, families that live in Verona, Madison, Middleton, or Waunakee may be eligible to receive reimbursement from their local public school for travel expenses to and from WCS. Reimbursement rates are dependent on the distance traveled to school, grade of the students, and the home school district. Please check with your local public school district to find out more.
See this page for further information about our referral program.