Click HERE for a current copy of our COVID-19 Risk Mitigation and Reopening Plan.
November 12, 2020
Westside Christian School students in grades K – 8 will engage in virtual learning following Thanksgiving break and again following Christmas break. This decision was made in response to the growing number of COVID-related cases in Wisconsin and throughout the country and our continued desire to keep our students, their families, and our faculty and staff healthy.
Virtual learning following Thanksgiving break: November 30 – December 4 Virtual learning following Christmas break: January 5 – January 8
Our preschool will be open; however, preschool families that will be traveling or gathering with others to celebrate the holidays will be required to keep their preschool student at home. Preschool families, please let your child’s teacher know if your child will be learning from home or if your child will be at school.
We will send learning materials home with students on the last day of school prior to each break.
These weeks of virtual learning are meant to be spent at home. Our hope is that this will allow those who traveled or met with family and friends an opportunity to quarantine at home while monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms. If symptoms develop, parents should keep their children at home and get tested.
School Lunch and Extended Care programs
Westside will not provide school lunch or Extended Care during these virtual learning days. Preschool families who will be sending their child to school will need to pack a lunch. Families who signed up for lunch and Extended Care on November 30 will be credited.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation and understanding as we work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 at Westside.
November 11, 2020
As we see COVID-19 positive cases continuing to climb throughout Wisconsin, we need your continued help to keep our doors open to in-person learning. We are thankful that we have not seen any spread of COVID-19 cases among our students or staff as a result of exposure and acknowledge that this is based on the dedication of our teachers and families to keep our students healthy! We remain committed to maintaining in-person learning for as much of the year as possible.
What can you do to help?
- Keep children home when they have 2+ symptoms, and notify us via SchoolSpeak if they become ill.
- Contact us immediately if your child has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This will also necessitate keeping your child at home to quarantine.
- Wear a face covering when out in public and send your child to school with a mask each day.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid coughing and sneezing into your hands or in the air.
- Maintain 6 feet of distancing between non-household members.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
We have updated our mitigation plan with new information regarding testing and quarantine timelines. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation!